This morning, Tuesday, March 24th, Judge Lina Hidalgo issued orders for all Harris County residents to stay at home, effective 11:59 TONIGHT through April 3rd. We have just received a copy of the full orders, and I wanted to share them with you.
· All Harris County residents are ordered to stay in their residences except for “Essential Activities.” Rentals, hotels, etc. are considered “residences.”
· All businesses in the county not defined as “essential” in the order are required to cease operations that cannot be performed from home.
· All public and private gatherings of any number of individuals outside a residence are prohibited.
· Individuals may go to parks, but playgrounds will be closed.
· Rules governing restaurants and bars under the Judge’s orders from the 19th remain in place. Restaurants will continue to be allowed to provide take-out service.
· All gyms are required to remain closed.
· Hair and nail salons, indoor shopping centers and malls, and activity centers are all required to close.
· Religious services may only be conducted by video, and counseling sessions are required to be conducted individually.
Read the full orders and definitions here: